We are a small digital agency in the USA and UK that works with many different types of clients. We are a global team with members in the US, UK, Venezuela, Brazil and India. We have built large and small sites, and we’re a Silver level partner agency with Cloudways.
We are seeking a 100% remote developer that will help us build WordPress websites, PHP applications, and occasionally do Drupal development. We primarily work in WordPress and build using Elementor.
In this role, you will:
- Receive an Adobe XD or Photoshop file and create a pixel-perfect version of the design in WordPress using Elementor
- Create custom shortcodes, functions, and other WordPress tools
- Setup and configure new WordPress websites
- This includes plugin upload and setup
- Site and image optimization
- CDN deployment
- Troubleshoot issues with WordPress (Elementor and Divi themes)
- Perform weekly WordPress and Plugin Updates for our client sites
- Develop and support several PHP applications (we have plans for more growth in this area)
You need to know:
- WordPress (front and backend)
- WordPress plugins
- Must know: ACF Pro, CPT Ui, WordFence
- Nice to know: LearnDash, UpdraftPlus
- Drupal (this is a nice to have skill)
- Version control such as GitHub
- AWS (specifically S3, SES, IAM and SNS) (nice to have)
- Using APIs such as Twilio or SignalWire
- Proficient in English (written and speaking)
- Available occasionally for meetings in EST time zone (GMT -5)
You would be a great fit for this position if you have several years of PHP and WordPress experience. We are looking for someone with great communication skills who can respond quickly and thoroughly to the team via email, Slack or ClickUp. While we are always here to support you, if you can think independently and don’t need to be micromanaged, you will succeed here.
If you haven’t used Elementor before, this may not be the best role for you. We need someone who will be able to hit the ground running as we are rapidly growing. You will not be on your own, you will have the full support of our team and be a valued part of our group.
What we offer:
- 100% remote position
- 40hrs/week schedule. Please note that this is not a freelancing role / project.
- Payment via TransferWise
- Monthly internet service stipend
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous paid time off